Saturday, May 14, 2011

Strawberry Dream Cloud Cupcakes


Here are the cupcakes I made for week 2 of my "Cupcakes for Cancer".
They were absolutely delicious. I used store bought Bavarian cream because I haven't attempted to make it before... tasted great!
I baked them Sunday and sold them the next day by 10:00 am :) People were complaining there weren't enough! I hope you enjoy this recipe... it's my new favorite!

Strawberry Dream Cloud Cupcake
Makes 24-30 cupcakes

Vanilla Cupcakes
Whipped cream frosting
Bavarian Cream

Vanilla Cupcake:

1 cup butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs, room temperature
1 3/4 cup cake flour
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk (Doesn't matter what kind.. I did skim and they were light and crumbly)

Pre-heat oven 325•F. Line muffin tin with 30 paper liners (Not all may be needed)

In a large bowl sift cake flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

In a stand mixer cream the butter until soft. Add granulated sugar and beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add vanilla extract and beat until just combined. Add eggs 1 at a time beating on medium speed until well combined. Add flour mixture in thirds alternating with milk, beginning with flour and ending with flour. Batter should be smooth and lump free.

Pour into prepared muffin tins 2/3 full. I got 24 cupcakes because I wanted them big; they didn't overflow either.

Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. They shouldn't be golden. To test if done, insert toothpick and make sure it comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and remove to cool completely.

Whipped Cream Frosting

1 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon granulated sugar

Add all ingredients to a larger liquid measure. Refrigerate 30 minutes as well as beaters.

Beat cream until quite heavy. Refrigerate until frosting the cupcakes

Assemble the Cupcake

Cut a small hole on top of the cupcake careful not to go all the way through. Pipe Bavarian cream into hole completely filling, and top with cut out piece. Ice with whipped cream frosting and garnish with a strawberry slice.

I hope you all enjoy this recipe! I also made it in a cake, which I will post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment