Saturday, June 2, 2012

Banana Muffins! First taste of summer

What a lovely day! The weather was a little bi-polar, but that's to be expected of spring. Okay, maybe not June. Usually by now I can wear shorts to school; not jeans and sweaters like last week... Anyways! I don't really mind a little sprinkle now and then.
To celebrate Spring I wanted to bake something nice and fresh. Although I made my Strawberry Rhubarb Pie last week, it was time for something a little more convenient, something that could be eaten on the go.... A MUFFIN! Just to my luck we had some lovely ripe bananas sitting in our fruit dish. I used my grandma's banana bread recipe, folded in some chocolate chips for my brother, and baked them in muffin tins. They are soft, with a full banana-y taste.
Banana-y? Yes that is a word...
They are one of my favorites! They are made in the same bowl with just a few ingredients. No spices, extracts in this recipe. Just bold banana flavor.

I included some pictures of flowers that are growing in our garden right now :)

Banana Muffins
18 muffins

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 bananas, ripe
chocolate chips (optional)

Pre-heat oven 375 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners or grease lightly.

In a large bowl beat the margarine until smooth. Add the sugar and beat until fully mixed. Add both the eggs and beat until incorperated. Add the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until just combined. Add the bananas and beat until batter is smooth. It's okay to have a couple banana chunks. Easy as that!

Using a muffin scoop (1/4 cup) fill 12 muffin sections. Stir some chocolate chips into the remaining batter if desired. Bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool on racks for a couple minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Enjoy!!! Smartie cookie icecream sandwiches tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment