Thursday, June 21, 2012

No-Churn Raspberry Cheesecake Icecream Cupcakes


It is the second day of summer! How amazing is that! It feels wonderful to have sunshine, and warm weather. To celebrate I wanted to make one of my most favorite desserts, or snacks. Ice-cream! I have tried making it before in a ice-cream maker. You know the ones with the handles that you have to crank until your arm practically falls off? Well yeah, after that I wasn't too eager to make it again. Lets just say that ice-cream was only good enough to go into milkshakes drenched with chocolate syrup... Anyways! I first saw this recipe back in December. That isn't exactly ice-cream season, so I didn't make it. But I never forgot about it! Recently I made some coconut macaroons that only required a little bit of sweetened condensed milk, so I had some leftover. That was not going to waste! At 4.25 it had to get me another recipe! So I went out, and bought some whipping cream, mixed it all together, and voila! Deliciousness.

These colours are even perfect for Canada Day :)

No-Churn Raspberry Cheesecake Icecream Cups.
Makes 6, easily doubled to make 12.

Line 6 cups in muffin tray with LARGE liners.

100 grams cream cheese (cold!) - 1/2 a block
7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup whipping cream
ripe raspberries
white belgium chocolate chips

In your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides. Slowly add the sweetened condensed milk while on medium speed. Scrape down the sides. Add the vanilla extract and whipping cream. Switch to the WHISK attachment and whip until medium stiff pikes form. The mixture shouldn't slide away when lifted. Fold in some belgium chocolate chips. (As many as you desire!) I did about 1/3 cup.

Using an icecream scoop (1/4 cup) place 1 scoop of the mixture in each cup.
Mush the raspberries and spread across the top. I did one raspberry per cup. Swirl with a toothpick. Add another scoop of batter ontop of that. Repeat with raspberries. Freeze at least 6 hours! It may be a good idea to let them thaw slightly before eating :)

ENJOY!!!! and happy summer!


Adapted From: Kitchen Simplicity

No comments:

Post a Comment