Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes for Cancer



HIYA! I didn't make any cupcakes last weekend... but I did make some this weekend! My friend begged me to make red velvet. I have never made them before, but these were INCREDIBLE! So delicious! I did add my own twist and put some chocolate ganache inside, just because every loves surprises. The only thing is that the frosting isn't the best for piping. It literally slides around... so if you have your own cream cheese frosting, I suggest using it. Although! The frosting was yummy! So if your not too worried about the looks, use it! I hope you like these cupcakes!

OH and I'm getting quite the reputation at school for my cupcakes. My teachers are telling me I should put them in the staff room to sell. And my friends are starting to make orders too.

Red Velvet Cupcakes by McCormick (With chocolate ganache filling)

Made 26 cupcakes and a tiny bit extra frosting

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 bottle (1 ounce)Red Food Color
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract

Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.

Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat. Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.

Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely. Frost with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting.

Chocolate Ganache

6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon butter

In a small sauce pan heat whipping cream and butter until almost boiling. Don't let it boil over! Pour hot cream over chopped chocolate, stirring until melted. Refrigerate for 20 minutes max. Cut hole into middle of each cupcake and pipe in the ganache. There might be some left over, so I just used it for decoration.

Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 tablespoons sour-cream
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups icing sugar

Beat the cream cheese, butter, sour-cream and vanilla until well combined with electric mixer. Add icing sugar gradually until smooth.

Spread frosting over filled cupcakes. Decorate to your desire! Enjoy the yummy cupcakes!

I'm making strawberry lemonade ones next weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment