Sunday, April 10, 2011

Easter Sugar Cookies



I LOVE Easter! Everything is decorated so delicately, and pastels are just so pretty! I made these cookies last week because I was dreaming of spring. The weather here is pretty icky in the winter and these treats were inspired by some blooming flowers! I hope you enjoy them :)

I'd also like to say since this is my first post, that I don't do any kind of professional training. It's all self taught and just for fun. I also don't have a ton of tools yet, but I'm going to buy a pastry bag set soon!!!

Sugar Cookie Cutouts:
Makes about 4 dozen depending on cookie cutter size

1 cup sugar.
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened.
1 egg.
3 tablespoons whipping cream or milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a large bowl combine sugar, butter, egg whipping cream (or milk) vanilla and almond extract. Beat at medium speed until fluffy. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Beat at low speed until a soft dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.

Preheat oven 400F. On floured counter roll dough 1/4 inch thick. Cut out desired shapes. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned. Cool and decorate with frosting.

Frosting

3/4 cup icing sugar
1 tablespoon milk
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
Food colouring.

Beat all ingredients with an electric mixer, adding more milk or icing sugar if needed :)

Made me about 4 dozen cookies. ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment