Saturday, April 16, 2011

Yogurt Filled Crepes with Blueberry Compote


Well I do baking at school (of course) and last week we made crepes. Unfortunately I missed the day we made them because I was sick. And it wouldn't have been all that fair to put my germs in my partner's food. Anyways, I didn't make them. And at school in order to get marks for making them, you have to make them at home. The recipe for school wasn't all that exciting so I used a different one. WAY BETTER. I didn't have any cream cheese so I just filled mine with Greek yogurt, but you may use anything you want :) I hope you enjoy this recipe! It was my first time making crepes and they were delicious! My Dad demands these more often and since they are so easy to make, I will be doing that!

Crepes with Blueberry Compote
Makes 8-10

Batter

2 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup all purpose flour
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil or melted butter/margarine. (I did margarine)

Blueberry sauce

3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 teaspoon lemon juice (or orange juice...)

For batter there are 2 ways to prepare it. I did it the easiest way which is the second method.

1. Whisk together milk and eggs with a fork or spoon. Slowly add flour, stirring constantly. Add salt and oil/margarine/butter. Stir until no lumps are visible. Refrigerate for 1 hour to let flavors mingle or cook right away.

2. Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth. I used my magic bullet, worked perfectly. Continue with above steps.

For blueberry sauce in a small saucepan; whisk sugar and cornstarch so there's no lumps. Add water and blueberries. Cook over medium heat until the liquid has thickened and berries have burst, 5-7 minutes. Add lemon juice and remove from heat. Set to the side or refrigerate for a different use.

To make crepes; Pour approximitly 1/4 cup of batter onto a lightly oiled pan on medium-low heat. Cook until slightly dry looking, and flip. Cook other side. Remove from pan. Along right side of pancake, spread filling vertically. Roll up and top with blueberry sauce. Dust with powdered sugar or serve with whipped cream. Best served hot as they cool quickly.

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment