Thursday, April 14, 2011

No Yeast Cinnamon Buns


Well I've made many cinnamon bun recipes, and this one is everyone's favorite. It's soft and doughy; the 2 elements my family rely's on to give it a thumbs up. I don't have a specific frosting, but this is generally the one I use because it makes LOTS. I don't think it's the best one for somebody looking for a glaze. But boy is it delicious! I plan to make these Easter Sunday for lunch for my family that is coming to visit. I hope you enjoy them!

No Yeast Cinnamon Buns with Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes about 8-12... depending on size!

Dough

2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup milk

Filling

3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
*1/3 cup walnuts, optional

Frosting

1/4 cup butter, softened
125 g cream cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons milk
1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar

In a small bowl cream butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to make a crumbly mixture. Put in refrigerator until dough is ready. I find it's just easier to sprinkle this way.

In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until well combined. Stir in milk with a fork until soft dough forms.
Roll out dough on floured surfaced until 1/4 inch thick. Spread filling on dough, sprinkle walnuts. Roll up dough and cut into 2 inch slices with dental floss. Put on cake pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Beat butter, cream cheese, milk and vanilla until well blended. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar until blended. Once rolls have slightly cooled but are still warm, spread icing over tops to serve.

I hope you like them! They are an Easter staple at my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment