Friday, April 22, 2011

Turtle Cheesecake


I post pictures of my baking on my Facebook page, and my relatives who live far away always complain they never get to try anything! Well my step-cousins came to visit for Easter, and I knew I would have to make something amazing! Cheesecakes are my specialty so I knew I had to make one of those. But my grandpa only likes one kind, and thats turtle. So, turtle cheesecake it was! I used a recipe from Kraft Canada, but I put my own twists on it. It was absolutely DELICIOUS! I highly recommend it. We left the last few pieces at my grandparents house because they enjoyed it so much, and my relatives don't ever get to enjoy it. Trust me, I wanted to bring it home!

Kraft Canada Ultimate Turtle Cheesecake (Modified)
14 pieces

2 cups of chocolate wafer crumbs
3 tablespoons melted butter or margarine

40 small wrapped caramels
1/3 cup milk
1 cup chopped pecans

3 pgk (8 ounce each) Cream cheese. (I did 2 low fat and one regular)
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
3/4 cup sour cream
3 eggs

2 ounces chopped semi sweet chocolate or any kind of chocolate (I used milk)

Pre heat over 325•F

Mix baking crumbs and butter, press onto bottom of a spring form pan, pushing up the sides slightly.

Microwave caramels and milk for 1 minute and stir. Continue to heat until caramels have completely melted. Stir in chopped pecans. Pour 3/4 of mixture over crust. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Store leftover sauce in fridge until ready to garnish.

Put a pan with water in the oven on the bottom rack so that the cheesecake won't dry out when baking.

In a large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until very well combined. beat in sour cream until smooth. beat in eggs one at a time, just until incorporated. Don't over-mix! Pour over top of crust.

Bake 50 minutes. Don't open the oven while it's baking, or it will crack. The middle will be jiggly when it comes out of the oven! Thats ok because it will keep cooking until completely cooled. Then refridgerate.

Before serving spoon/drizzle caramel pecan mixture over top. Melt chocolate and top as well.

HOPE YOU ENJOY! Cheesecake is mine and my family's favorite dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment