Thursday, August 11, 2011

Peanut butter cookies



Ooo Ahhh... Mmmm... peanut butterrrr. One of my many weaknesses. Especially when it's slathered between 2 pieces of bread with sliced bananas. Oh well, Elvis would be proud.

So today I didn't exactly make Peanut butter banana sandwiches, I made my mom's favorite PB cookies. She goes crazy for them! Any time we go to a bakery, she will get something peanut butter-fied. And let there behold a cookie, she will get it. Of course because she is such a fanatic, she only will eat the best. To her taste, nothing measures up to this recipe. They are soft yet crisp around the edges, and melt in your mouth. So if your enduring a craving, try these cookies!

Florence's Peanut Butter cookies (from my Mom's mom's recipe book)
makes about 3 dozen cookies

3/4 cup margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter (You could use crunchy, but nobody in my family likes it)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (Like I said in previous posts, I don't use salt in most of my dishes)

Cream together the margarine and sugars. Beat in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla, until smooth. Add the flour and baking soda (salt if using) and beat until just mixed completely.

Refridgerate at least 30 minutes

Pre heat oven 375•F and have the rack in the middle.

Make dough into balls just a little bit bigger than half the size of a golf ball. Roll tops in granulated sugar and place on a baking sheet 1 - 2 inches apart. Press down slightly on tops with a fork.

Bake for 12 minutes and until they are golden brown around the edges. They will crack and fall into themselves slightly when cooling.

Thanks for reading my post!

No comments:

Post a Comment