Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Cake Pops



Okay, I am SO EXCITED FOR HALLOWEEN! It is all I can think about! And if I didn't have to go to school this week, that's what I would have been doing. But of course I wasn't going to skip. So instead I had to save my baking for after school activities. It's not very easy to do big projects after school but I was determined to make these cake pops! My mom had bought me millions of colours and I wasn't going to pass up this opportunity to use them! So I got out my Cake Pops book by Bakerella and got working!
... It took a LONG time. This is why I don't like to do these projects on school nights. To bake a cake, let it cool, form the balls, dip the lollipop sticks, let them firm up, dip them, let them dry, decorate them... like I said, it took a LONG time! So I will keep cake pop orders for the weekend. So keep time management in mind for these guys!
But the end result, is absolutely wonderful and delicious! So hurry, you have 3 days left, make these cake pops!!!

I am making A LOT of Halloween goodies this weekend, so stay tuned! Cookies and cupcakes! I'll also post a picture of my pumpkin!



Pumpkin and Mummy Cake Pops
Yield 30

Chocolate Cake
1/2 cup frosting (I used cream cheese, just because I had it)
Orange Candy Melts
White Candy Melts
Black Candy Melts or an Edible Art pen.
Green Round Sprinkles.

How to Make them!

http://kala-dawnskreations.blogspot.com/2011/08/new-obsession-cake-pops.html

Dip half in the orange candy melts, and half in the white candy melts.



For Pumpkins:

Melt about 1/4 cup of the black candy melts. Put into a piping bag with a small tip and pipe whatever faces you prefer. Add a round green sprinkle on top.



For Mummies

Melt 1/2 cup white candy melts. Put into a piping bag with a small tip and pipe in zig zag motions horizontally over the cake pops.

You can use small sprinkles, gel tubes or other colour meltes candy melts for their eyes.

Hope You Liked Them!

No comments:

Post a Comment