Saturday, October 29, 2011

Yummy Mummy Cookies


There is no Halloween without these cookies... they are that good. I absolutely LOVE them. Apparently so does everyone else who tries them!
The first time I got to try these was at a friends Halloween party in 5th grade... and I think I ate more than I was supposed to! Oh well! Between them and the vegetable tray, I was set for the night. And I can remember it was a very fun night! Except for catching a cold from the hot tub.

And when I had my first Halloween Party two years ago, I knew I wanted these cookies there! After that my friends always demand them.

This particular time I used white candy melts to decorating, only because I'm selling them at school. To use white chocolate would be too expensive. No problems though, they taste just as good! And lucky for you, I'll tell you how to easily decorate them! Unlike poor me who spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to make them look appealing. The Hershey's instructions just don't cut it for these cookies!

Halloween isn't until Monday, so bake some up today!



Yummy Mummy Cookies
yield 30 cookies

2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch salt
*1 cup mini chocolate chips (I don't use these in my cookies)

White candy melts or white chocolate chips
Sprinkles or candy's to resemble eyes.

Preparation

In a medium bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla.

Beat in eggs one and a time until just combined.

Add dry ingredients and mix until a soft dough is formed. Stir in mini chocolate chips if using.

Refrigerate 1 hour until firm.

Pre-heat oven 350•F grease or line cookie sheets.

Using a mini ice scoop, scoop two balls to make the body. Roll into a long 'carrot-shape'. Scoop one ball for the head. Place on the cookie sheet, pressing the head and body together slightly.

Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool on pan for 10 minutes then to wire racks to cool completely.

Melt candy melts or white chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler.

Pour into a piping bag or ziplock bag (cut a tiny corner). Pipe in zig zag motions over the body, then the head. While they are still 'wet' place on eyes.

Let harden before storing. They taste good for days just so you know!!!


MMMM MUMMIES!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment