Saturday, September 24, 2011

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies


...pure heaven.

So here's the story, I'm in band and we do fundraising for trips at the end of the year. Of course my mom does not want to pay for the entire trip so I have to raise some money myself. Well, my favorite way to do so is selling cookie dough. As much fun as it is selling to others, I enjoy the dough quite a bit myself. Yes! I could make my own cookies, but come on! These are really good cookies! Now I'm not talking about the oatmeal or the candy ones. The only kind my family bought are the white chocolate macadamia nut ones. Oh my goodness. These have been my FAVORITE cookies forever.
Until now.
Because I have a recipe that blows the socks off of those cookies!
Do cookies wear socks? No, but oh well! And why haven't I made them before? Well those nuts are darn expensive and hard to find!
... they are 5.99 for 250 grams at Quality Foods.

And if you have no idea what cookie dough cookies I'm talking about, they are the English Bay. You can get them in vending machines, at Costco, Quality Foods and at Subway. (Yes those giant cookies that everyone gets with a sandwich)

But you shall never have to buy frozen cookie dough again after making these!!!
So print this recipe, and start making them!!!


unbaked cookies...so tempting.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
2 1/2 dozen

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups allpurpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 salt (I didn't use my salt because my nuts were already salted)
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1 cup white chocolate chunks

Preparation

Pre heat oven 350•F, line cookies sheets with parchment paper, grease or use a nifty silicon mat. (THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING) I love my purple one and plan to buy another one very soon.

In a medium sized bowl stir flour and baking soda. Salt if using.

In a large bowl beat butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, and beat until light. Beat in vanilla.

Add flour and beat on low until a soft dough forms. Stir in white chocolate chunks and nuts.


Using an ice cream scoop or two spoons place 12 balls of dough on a baking sheet, 1 1/2 inches apart. Flatten slightly.



Bake for 5 minutes, then rotate pans. Bake for 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the sheets for 5 minutes. Move to wire racks and cool completely.


Hmjofsdiojkra.
Ah.
Yum.

These will be gone in 2 days garenteed.

I made them last night and this morning I got an order to make some more. Yay!
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment