Sunday, September 4, 2011

Lemon cheesecake with blackberry topping


After my lemon cupcake debut, I got a birthday cake request for a lemon cheesecake! The person who ordered it is a really good friend from dance and it's her moms birthday. She said the only request was for it to be lemon, and have blackberries incorporated. I love having freedom when making cakes! I started off the cheesecake with a Dad's oatmeal cookie crust which has nicer spices than a regular graham cracker crust. I then remixed my new York cheesecake recipe to make it lemon. I added the zest and juice of one large lemon. Finally for the blackberries! I cooked down some fresh blackberries that I picked up the street. I then strained them and thickened them to make a sauce. Tossing fresh blackberries in the sauce, I made a sweet blackberry topping. Whipped cream and tiny coke balls complete the cake!
A simple and refreshing dessert for the end of the summer.


Lemon Cheesecake!

Lemon cheesecake with blackberry topping
Serves 12

New York cheesecake
Zest and juice of one large lemon

Preparation

Make the cheesecake according to the recipe above, but before mixing in the eggs, beat in the lemon zest and juice. Bake as indicated.

Release the cheesecake once it has completely cooled. Place topping on middle of cake, spreading until about 1 inch away from the edge. Pipe whipped cream around the edge and add coke balls.


Fresh picked berries!

Blackberry topping

Enjoy!!! PS because I had to make this cake, I will be making the coffee cake tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment